Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pets Campaign for Obama:The Silent Speak.

While this blog is not political in nature, as I watched Senator Obama's incredibly moving speech yesterday morning, I was deeply moved by his words.

Not only a champion fighting to heal the racial and economic wounds that linger in our country, Senator Obama is also dedicated to helping animals in need. In one of his earlier statements,  "I think how we treat our animals reflects how we treat each other, and it's very important that we have a President who is mindful of the cruelty that is perpetrated on animals.", demonstrates his awareness of the plight of unprotected and unwanted animals.

Senator Obama sponsored a bill in the Illinois State Senate to protect horses, and according to The Humane Society Legislative Fund, he has been involved in other pro-animal efforts and has "joined the fight against puppy mills." He has promised his daughters that if he is elected President, he will be presenting them with a dog.

blessthedogs created a cute pets' campaign for Obama video which I thoroughly enjoyed. It also is a vehicle which permits me to express my personal support for Senator Obama while at the same time keeping the focus on pets and animals, which is of course, my mission.

I would like to thank my friend Pamie for sharing the video, and to also thank blessthedogs for her creative touch. All of the dogs and the cat appearing in this video were rescued, or adopted from a shelter.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Wonderful video. I haven't decided who to vote for until now. But I think my mind has just been made up.

Anonymous said...

Jo...how wonderful! This video was just great to not send it to you...
I am thrilled you used it!